Read the state of the art of the Portugese Blue Business Plan Competition organized in the framework of MISTRAL.
The ADRAL – Regional Development Agency of Alentejo, is the MISTRAL partner responsible for “The Blue Business Plan Competition” on a regional scale in Portugal, with an associated partnership of CCDR Alentejo and a local partnership of the Municipality of Sines. The contest aimed to select the best business ideas in the blue growth sector. For this purpose, it promoted specialized support to 14 entrepreneurs, during an intensive week, through workshops and mentoring actions.
The 14 portuguese projects for blue growth, are inserted in several strategic sub-sectors, they are currently in a phase of arduous implementation of their business models and are available for the establishment of partnerships, in their different areas of activity, among them:
- seaweed and bivalve cultivation,
- entrepreneurship and innovation consultants,
- production of poultry feed supplements based on macroalgae,
- open water swimming experiences,
- aquaponics system for sustainable agriculture,
- production and commercialization of salicornia,
- production of experiences in the field of cultural tourism and knowledge about the coast,
- solutions for applications that promote maritime safety and underwater knowledge.
After that phase, the 5 best business pitches were chosen, which publicly presented their ideas on September 24, 2020. In this event, they were evaluated by a jury of experts, who distinguished the 2 best business ideas for blue growth.The 2 winners will represent Portugal in the international final.
About our winners:
- SUBTROPHI - Solutions for seaweed and bivalve cultivation in exposed ocean areas, implementing autonomous submersion in adverse conditions;
- OCEANÁRIO XR - Oceanario XR brings to your family the wonders of underwater, and you don't even have to dive!